Academic Excellence - Christ Centered - Family Spirit
Monday, Oct. 9th
- ACC has a regular day of school
Tuesday, Oct. 10th
- 8th Grade Visit – St. Kevin and Mother of Christ 8th graders will be on campus.
- 2:00 Volleyball Game. The Volleyball team will be called out of class at 12:50. We try not to have the students miss class, but we are trying to make up games that were postponed due to the hurricane.
Wednesday, Oct. 11th
- PSAT Testing for 9th, 10th and 11th.
- Go to bed early the night before and eat a good breakfast.
- Bring #2 pencils. These work better than the mechanical pencils.
- Refer to the previous email regarding acceptable calculators.
- Students will need to bring lunch or purchase lunch in the cafeteria.
- Students taking the tests with Extended Time will be dismissed at 2:15.
- Seniors have a mandatory retreat. Seniors will be in the gym from 7:55-1:45.
Thursday, Oct. 12th
- 2:00-2:45 Meeting for Juniors and Seniors interested in information about college scholarships. The meeting will be in Room 224. Parents are welcome.
- The annual celebration for Our Lady of Charity will be held this evening at the University of Miami. For more information please follow this link.
- Click here
- Location: Watsco Center (formerly Bank United - on UM campus 1245 Dauer Drive, Coral Gables, FL 33146.
Friday, Oct. 13th
- Please remember that to believe in superstitions about Friday 13th, black cats, broken mirrors, etc. is against the Commandments. To believe that these dates and things have power goes against our belief in one, all-powerful, all-loving God.
Announcements and Reminders
- The Archdiocese has decided that we will not be changing the dates for holiday breaks or for the end of the grading periods. We still do not know if we are going to have to stay later on some of the early dismissal days. I will let you know as soon as I am notified.
- College Fair will be held in the gym on October 17, 2017 from 1-3 pm for Seniors. Parents are encouraged to attend from 2-3.
- College Tour meeting after school on Friday, October 20th for those that signed up; location TBA.
- Our first College Corner meeting will be on October 19th after school from 2-2:30 pm. Admission representative from Ursinus College will be presenting; Meeting location TBA.
- Any students who are interested in attending the March for Life in Washington D.C. in January need to see Mrs.
Quintanilla as soon as possible. Spaces are limited. The March for Life is the largest demonstration of the year where as many as 650,000 people come from all over the nation to rally against the U.S. Supreme Court’s Roe vs. Wade ruling in 1973, which defined women’s legal right to abort a pregnancy. We travel together with other schools in the Archdiocese of Miami, take part in retreat activities, and visit local historical landmarks as well.
- Last week we sent you the electronic version of our Open House flyer. Please help us get the word out. Let your friends and family know about the Step-up and McKay scholarships.
- We will be having a Campus Clean Up day on Saturday, October 28th from 8:00 – 12:00. You can come and volunteer for all or part of the day. Both students and parents can get credit for service hours.